Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year - 2010

Friday, January 1, 2010
Hope everyone had a great New Year! Ours was quiet, calm and delicious. Just the way we like it :D

I believe hubby is going to refer to the new year as 2000, 10. Whereas, I'm probably going to refer to it as 20, 10. Kind of like where we reside. I always say 20, 13 instead of 2-0-1-3 or 2000, 13.

For our New Year's dinner, we had crab legs. Sophie can't stop talking about wanting more crabs (to eat) :o/ Two years ago, she was not fond of crabs, but now I find myself getting hungry 1 hour after eating because she ends up eating most of my crab legs. (I think I liked it better when she wasn't into crabs.) Anyway, as hubby learned yesterday, aside from sauerkraut and liver, shellfish is a good source of zinc.

I always keep a bottle of zinc in our health cupboard, either ionic or pill. As a word of caution, you do not want to take more than 100 milligrams of zinc daily. While daily doses of less than 100 milligrams boosts your immune response, doses more than 100 milligrams can actually depress the immune system.

Happy New Year! May you be happy, content, centered and healthy!!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin