Sunday, November 29, 2009

Strands of beads and snow

Sunday, November 29, 2009
Next school project / homework assignment: Decorate the Christmas tree

Sophie had a lot of fun decorating this tree. I always try and let her do as much as she can on her own. Her favorite part was stringing the beads and coloring. In school, they have been learning a lot about patterns and so she was having a ball creating her own pattern, which was used as garland to trim the tree. Adding the snow to the tree was something we did a couple of years ago to our own tree.

2007 was the year it snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed... And so I decided to carry the theme inside our house with our Christmas tree. Also, while driving through Little Cottonwood Canyon, to Alta, the trees were beautiful, covered with cotton ball looking snow on the branches and limbs. Hence the name "Cottonwood," I suppose. Of course, I had to try and replicate that with our Christmas tree (see below).

So far this year, the snow has been minimal (thank goodness...a nice break); our Christmas tree was decorated with slight snow at the top and beads to match Soph's Christmas tree. You can't see the beads very well, but they are there, little green dangles. Also, this Christmas tree has Sophie's touch at the top. We used her blue fairy star wand as the tree topper.

I can't believe this, but we put our Christmas tree up and decorated the house before December. This is the first time this has happened. Usually, we decorate the tree 2 weeks before Christmas. (I believe having Soph has a lot to do with it.) Also, hubby and I are going to actually buy presents for each other to put under the tree along with Soph's, that way she knows it isn't always about her. (Okay, lets see I want a cellercise, SmartSole, I want it all bracelet ...LOL... that's all :D). Sophie gets a lot of gifts due to the fact her Birthday is the 22nd :o/ And, yes I do wrap her birthday presents in birthday paper so she knows the difference.

BTW, she's still afraid of Santa Claus. So still no picture of her with Santa to date. I might have to wait until she's a teenager. But then again, at that age I don't want her sitting on Santa's lap...how weird (as in hehehe) as I was typing Santa, I accidentally typed Satan....hmmm.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin