Monday, June 1, 2009

A few of my tips

Monday, June 1, 2009

I like to read about other people's tips as you can always glean and synthesize something useful.

Here's a sample of my personal tips based on the fact that I'm actually selectively lazy by nature (of course everything is relative as I have been told I am not lazy) and having a sense of safety is always a good thing in my book.

Tips for lazy and safety conscious people:

  • I tend to park in parking lots where the median is located (if any).  This way, I don't have to worry about a car backing out and not seeing me, AND especially Sophie.  The median is great, you don't have to worry about wayward traffic, just a few scattered carts.
  • To clean artificial plants, I spray them off with water either with the sprayer from the sink or with an outside hose for larger plants.  Allow plants to air dry in the sun.  It's swift and efficient.
  • When I use aluminum foil, I like to layer parchment paper on top to prevent contact with food.  Aluminum like fluoride is everywhere.  So I try to minimize the exposure with aluminum as much as possible.
  • Lemon essential oil is great for stubborn stains, gummy, scuff marks, removing mineral build-up, etc.  It's really a "good thing" if you want to avoid cumulative exposure to toxic chemicals found in common commercial products; I find that lemon essential oil actually does a better job and smells a lot better too :o)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin