Friday, May 29, 2009

A Fun Birthday Party

Friday, May 29, 2009
Sophie had been looking forward to Samir's birthday party for quite some time and today was finally THE DAY.  She was so excited, not particularly because of the party itself, but because she could see and play with Vivika, Samir's baby sister.


Lately, Soph has become quite obsessed with babies, wanting to know everything about them, and what she was like as a baby.  "How did I cry as a baby?  Did I wear diapers when I was a baby?  What did I eat as a baby?  Did you hold me like this when I was a baby?".....and on and on and on.  

Well, aside from her being so wrapped up with Vivika, the party was a lot of fun with lots of fun games for the kids!  Sophie particularly liked the game "What Time is it Mr. Wolf?"

A side note.....I've always known Sophie to be quite active, even when I was pregnant with her.  She was constantly moving and rolling, sliding her legs up and down inside, tickling the heck out of me every single day.  And then taking her first steps when she was just 9 months old, always constantly on the move.  To this day, she can't sit still, even when she's watching her favorite TV shows.... she's practicing her gymnastics skills.  Well, I'm under the impression all this activity is driven by huge amounts of nervous energy.  This can be good and bad....good in that she's quite ambitious, determined and dedicated to achieving her personal goals and bad in that she just can't relax, like sitting still while she eats.   But, I honestly believe  I don't think she would have figured out how to do such things as the hula hoop (when she was almost 4 1/2 yrs old) if not for her "nervous energy."  Now, if she could only stop being so nervous when she's around people :o/  BTW, she and Samir's mom were the only 2 that could do the hula hoop :o/

In the picture below, Sophie playing with Vivika's feet (not the Belgian expression, but really playing with her feet). 
   

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin