Friday, May 15, 2009

My Mini Staycation

Friday, May 15, 2009
I could not believe of all places my big brother, Jim had a meeting in Draper, UT. He and my sister-in-law, Sandy, flew in a couple of days ago from Omaha, NE.  Even though it was a short visit, I had an absolutely fantastic time visiting with them.   For me it was like a mini staycation.  

Sophie finally warmed up to them, of course when they were about to leave.  The last time she saw her Uncle Jim and Aunt Sandy was when she was a month old. She told me "Sandy has short hair and Jim looks like Caillou."   For those that don't know this children's show, Caillou is a bald 4 year old boy. "Caillou" has forever been one of Soph's favorite shows.  Aside from Jim having almost no hair, she said she really liked that he helped her get in and out of her booster seat.  Soph said, she really, really liked that and it made her happy!

Anyway, Sandy and I both went to the Herbs for Health and Garden store to have our "health" evaluated using ZYTO technology.  "In the most basic terms, ZYTO technology uses quantum physics as well as established Galvanic Skin Response (GSR) technology to measure fluctuations in electrical conductivity of the skin."  As always, I thought it was very insightful, especially because I've been having problems with my eyes and my Bio-Scan actually picked up on that signal.  Sandy's Bio-Scan revealed a very pretty flower that resembled some of the flowers from the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point....(wink, wink).

This is my 2nd time visiting the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi.  Sophie's favorite flowers....anything pink.  Thanksgiving Point is a family-friendly setting that offers an assortment of entertainment and education-based charity such as the Museum of Ancient Life and Farm Country .....two places Vince, Sophie and I are frequent visitors.  Besides the Gardens and Children's Discovery Gardens, there's also Golf, an Art Institute, an Emporium, and lots of local activities going on all the time.   While we were there, we had dinner at Harvest Restaurant.   

Harvest Restaurant is a simple, yet elegant and charming restaurant, located at the Water Tower Plaza.  It is definitely going at the top of my list as a great place to eat for special occasions.  

I so wish we lived closer to Jim and Sandy, however Vince and I both DO NOT like buggy and muggy conditions, and living here in Utah is the ideal place to live in that regards.  

(Be sure to click on photos to enlarge.)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin