Friday, May 1, 2009

This Old Grout

Friday, May 1, 2009
After trying out several grout sealants, and always being disappointed, I finally found a product that is just TOO GOOD to not share.  I found out about it almost 5 years ago when we lived in Mesa, AZ.  

If you hate house cleaning as much as I do, but yet like to have a clean and spotless house, then this product will help reduce the amount of time spent on cleaning anywhere you have tiles.  

It is a color seal that not only colors your grout giving it a contiguous and uniform appearance, but seals it for 15 years.  Once it's applied, using a toothbrush, all you have to do to maintain your floor for example, is use warm water.  Having a 5 year old, 2 big dogs and a man in the house, I've already discovered that it's quite impervious to grape juice, pomegranate juice, grease, mud, oil, dirt, etc.  And even if you have an area of high traffic, this sealant is so easy to use, just reapply and everything looks good as new.  I once had to reapply to an area where Sophie decided to copy me and use the permanent markers to color the grout ;o/  The color seal hides everything.  

This product is really amazing and does an outstanding job of transforming the look of old and dingy looking grout back to new again; unfortunately you can not find it in home improvement stores.  It has to be ordered on-line www.thisoldgrout.com.  Or you can call them in Chandler, AZ at 1-866-OLD-GROUT.  You might also be lucky to find this product at a tile retail store, however, I was not that successful here in SLC, besides most tile stores were not even aware of this product.

We've been in our house in Utah for almost 3 years and the grout still looks great.

As noted on the bottle:
  • Makes old grout look new
  • Preserves new grout color
  • Seals and coats against stains
  • Changes grout to any color
  • Long lasting, fast drying
  • Easy to apply
  • Environmentally friendly


1 comments:

Eric said...

At every post I improve my English.
"Grout" is completely new to me.
Keep on feeding my knowledge of the english language !
Eric from Europe?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin