Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spring Showers and Flowers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Finally....Spring is here where we live.

I had two sisters (NOT members from a religious order) come in today to clean my house.  First time ever!  All I can say is I could easily get used to that....like once a month!!  They told me for a basic cleaning, not a deep cleaning, it would take 3 hours to clean 80% of the house.  That's a total of 6 hours between the two.  No kidding, that isn't a bunch of hooey they were giving me; it usually takes me a good 2 days to clean our house.....a necessary nuisance totally not fun :-(

Late this afternoon, we got a much needed rainstorm.  The smell of fresh rain is so exhilarating.  Because we live in a desert climate, it doesn't rain often....for that reason I took a picture of it.  Everything looked so crisp and vibrant; unfortunately, the picture doesn't show the vividness as much as I had hoped. 

I love this time of the year; I have some of the windows open in the house and the cool mountain breeze is not only refreshing (at times a bit nippy) from an olfactory sense BUT a refreshing change to the cuts in our utility expenditure.  I looked at our gas statement today and it was  $20.49 :o)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin