Monday, May 18, 2009

Hogle Zoo

Monday, May 18, 2009
Yesterday, we went to the zoo; I figured we should go before it got too hot.  Utah temperatures are extreme, so it gets very hot statewide during the summers, with the exception of mountain areas and high mountain valleys.

Even though it was in the low 80's, it felt more like the upper 90's.    I think most of the heat was generated from all the body heat.  My word bird!  You should have seen all the people!!  

It was so hot, we zipped right through the new Madagascar exhibit.  I read previously that "Madagascar, an island once only known as a rest stop for pirate ships..." was not exactly a place where we wanted to stop and rest..... Now that winter is over, so glad we live in the mountains.

Christy, an African elephant is due any day in July/Aug.  Here she's getting her daily bath.  

Hey, here's a picture of me (without my sunglasses) and Sophie, her intentional pose just for this photo.



0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin