Sunday, March 22, 2009

Falling for Spring

Sunday, March 22, 2009
Today reminded me more of fall than spring.  It started last night with lots of wind, stirring up all the garbage that had accumulated embedded in the snow.  I don't know why, but whenever Vince heads off to somewhere warm, it snows here, leaving me with the job of shoveling.   Thanks Honey!

Lucky me,  I don't think it's going to snow for long, nor stick.  Already, as I'm looking out the window, the snow is turning into raindrops.  Don't get me wrong, I love snow and all the fun activities having snow brings, like skiing, tubing, snow sledding and eating fondue and raclette.  Well the latter two things I mentioned I can enjoy no matter the season.   However, I'm really looking forward to spring and warmer temperatures, and mother nature is forever being fickle.

We're in that transition period right before spring, which is not pretty.  With all the snow melting away, it reveals a very ugly landscape, unsurfacing things that have been buried all winter long.  So, Soph and I stayed in the house and worked on her appreciation letter not only for Mrs. Chris, but one for Mrs. Diane and Mrs. Jennifer, the teacher's two aides.  How sweet is that?  That's one of the nice qualities about Sophie that makes her so special.  Her innate ability to understand and empathize with others.  She doesn't want to leave anyone out of anything.  To this date, she still talks about Scottie, our Collie, who died about 3 years ago.




Aren't they cute?  She did almost everything, to include writing her name, drawing everything you see, applying the stickers and telling me what to write for each teacher.  

As I'm wrapping up this post, it's back to snowing again.  

Good grief !!!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin