Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just an Update

Thursday, March 26, 2009
As forecasted, we did have another winter storm that started last night and through this morning, thus far .  You're probably thinking, "is that why I changed the Blog template to white?"  No, just a coincidence.  The other template, even though I love the color green was a little more of a fuss with all the rounded corners.  Anyway, I believe this template should suffice for now.  

Vince tried to go into work this morning at Micron.  With all the snow blanketing the parking lot, it was a hassle to park anywhere that was not restricted.  After the security guard told Vince for the second time he needed to move again, Vince instead thought it was just best to work from home.  He really has a very good job where he has a lot of latitude.  But then again, Vince is an exceptional employee and has very high standards, even being a perfectionist isn't good enough for him.

Lately, Sophie has been obsessed with knowing if I'm angry all the time, constantly asking me, "are you angry, are you angry, are you angry" over and over and over to the point of actually making me angry.  Then she'll say, "well, stop being angry."  Jeez Louise!!  I guess she's really trying to understand all the different nuances in moods, attitudes, emotions and feelings.  I see she's trying to understand and explore what empathy is all about, which I find quite endearing.  She might even have an innate charm that will enable her to "sell ice to an Eskimo."

Ernie and Chief are both aging gracefully.  Ernie just recently had a birthday and is now 13 years old.  Believe it or not, when Ernie gets his summer haircut, neighbors always think we got a new puppy.  Aside from a little cloudiness in his eyes and white hairs around his muzzle and butt, he looks doggone good.

Chief will be 11 this year and the only time I see the puppy inside him is when Vince asks if he wants to go for a walk-walk.  He isn't as spry due to his arthritis, but when it's time for his walk, he springs into action.   

Lastly, here's a tidbit of information I found to be quite helpful in dealing with a cold virus.  I've been pretty safe all winter long from catching anything.  However, the other day, I felt something in my nose and throat.  The lady from the Health and Herb store suggested I swab the inside of my nose with a Q-tip dipped in Silver Shield.  Well, ta-da the next morning my symptoms were completely gone and I'm back to business without any down time.  Silver Shield will remain a household staple in my medicine cabinet as it has a wide variety of uses, from cuts, to itchy spots, to bruises to destroying viruses......all in one small bottle, albeit not cheap but worth it.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin