Sunday, March 29, 2009

Google This and Googol That

Sunday, March 29, 2009
Lately, I've spent a lot of time on my computer and on Google.  With all the googling I've been doing Soph has become fascinated with the word "Google."  Without going in the details of how google is actually a play on the word "googol" and that it is a company that handles and organizes copious amounts of information on the web, I decided to stick with the original meaning, which from a mathematical standpoint is the number 1 with a 100 zeroes behind it.  Her eyes got wide like saucers and now she has increased everything she does, eats and wants from 100 to 1000 to now a googol.

Everything is a googol this and a googol that.  For example, this is how one of our conversations took place this afternoon:   

Sophie:  "Momma, I'm hungry, I want something to eat."

MA:  "How about a salad?"

Sophie:  "No, I want something healthier.  If I don't eat healthy, I'll get cavities and get sick and I'll have to have a googol of shots at the hospital."

This is how it's been going for over a week now.  Daddy even has to endure a nightly googol of  raspberries from Sophie.  Does anyone feel sorry for us?

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin