Monday, March 30, 2009

Wiggly Tongue and Wiggling Tooth

Monday, March 30, 2009
Here's something I've noticed for quite some time, and now others have witnessed Sophie's case of her wiggly tongue.  While I was volunteering last week, one of the teachers chuckled at how Sophie's tongue was well, wiggling.  Now coming back from the dentist office, the hygienist even commented on well, her wiggling tongue.  She said it looked as if it had a mind of it's own. 

Even if Sophie's isn't allowed to talk, that tongue is still going 90 mph.  I guess it's all that pent-up urge to babble about something.  This I might add is the reason I'm so exhausted at the end of the day.

Not to change the subject, but Sophie cut her first bottom tooth when she was 4 months old.  That's quite early, however from what I've read it's all hereditary.  I asked the dentist if her permanent teeth will break through early as well.  He showed me with clear visibility the beginnings of two permanent teeth pushing through.  Her teeth are even lose;  her dentist said I need to encourage wiggling her two bottom teeth until they come out.  Within the next 3 weeks her baby teeth will be gone.  I guess Sophie will start learning about the tooth fairy starting tonight.  

By the way, she brushed her teeth ALL BY HERSELF for the past six months.  And she continues to be cavity free.  She definitely gets all the credit this time.  I'm so proud of her for doing such a good job.  I think also having gaps in her teeth has helped,  as well as, a dental product I really like called Dentizyme.  It's a powerful oral hygiene with bio-active botanical complex of extracts, essential oils and resins that removes plaque, cleans periodontal tissue, removes surface stains, soothes teeth and gums, etc.   I just squirt about 3 drops in her mouth and she brushes it around with toothpaste.  The taste is mild enough she doesn't complain of it burning......that's a big plus.  Anyway, I treated her to a nice lunch, which she loved and she told me afterwards she was having such a wonderful day, partly because she didn't have to get shots.

Well, I better get a wiggle on out of here to gymnastics class.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin