Saturday, March 21, 2009

What Was I Thinking

Saturday, March 21, 2009
Well, Poopsie  and I ran some errands this afternoon, dropped off some movies at Blockbuster, went shopping for some Easter eggs for Soph's Easter egg hunt at preschool, and for some school supplies to give to Mrs. Chris during Teacher Appreciation week.  All that running around made us hungry and so I had the bright idea of stopping at McDonalds for one of their salads.  Yes, I had good intentions, but for some reason the picture of the Big Mac was staring right at me.  I could not let go of it.   So, I easily talked myself in ordering it, justified by the fact I've lost a little bit of weight.  I must admit, it sure was satisfying while I was eating it, savoring every bite to the last morsel and washing it down with the iced hazlenut coffee ....yummolicious!  Now, as I'm sitting here writing this post, my stomach is feeling like lead, my energy has plummeted and I have a headache.  I know better than to do this to myself.  This evening, it's back to my Maca root powder and Greens Today, two things I swear by that gives me lasting energy and feeling healthy.

I was talking to someone the other week about food additives and health in general.  Phil talked about all the foods we eat that contain aluminum, including common table salt.  This is something I never considered until my visit to McDonalds today.  Sure enough, aluminum is added to salt which acts as a drying agent to keep the salt from clumping.  I guess overtime, the build-up of aluminum will eventually "dry" your brain or any other joints that rely on staying moist and lubricated.  So be sure you're getting enough omegas/fish oils in your diet to offset this toxic metal.  Anyway, I digressed....as I was eating my Big Mac and fries I noticed on the little salt package that voila it contains the aluminum compounds Phil was referring to.  I guess I should just stick with the iodized sea salt or real salt.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin