Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Delicious Meets Atrocious

Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Yesterday, Sophie and I went to a "healthy" food service restaurant for dinner, "where delicious meets nutritious."  Once again it was disappointingly less than mediocre.  I'm not one to write a complaint letter unless I feel it warrants it.  But, I felt justified to do so in this case, especially with the poor quality of food I've consistently received.  I know some people would just give up and go somewhere else.  End of story.  However, I really wanted to like this place based on their "better-for-you" approach to eating healthy concept, appealing to people like me interested in integrating a fast-casual restaurant with food that's not only delicious but nutritious.  

My email was titled, "polite complaint" and explained why I was disappointed and why I will not be coming back.  Mind you I do not write these type of letters so that I can in exchange receive either a refund or a free meal.  I mean, for what reason would I want a voucher if the food isn't good?  Or even a refund, especially because Sophie and I ate most of the food.  It almost didn't matter that the food was atrocious as Sophie and I were voraciously hungry and we needed some nourishment.  My conversation with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) indicated that this isn't a normal reaction from most dissatisfied customers.

Nevertheless, the COO said they took my email very serious and are in the process of implementing some changes.  He later wrote an email outlining all the "actions" they are going to put in place at the store level, copied everyone relevant on his team, including me and still offered a free meal to me and my family.  

I guess I'm becoming more like my hubby, just because it's free doesn't mean I want it.  Now if the food was really good and this was just an isolated incident, I might consider it.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin