Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Snow Removal 101

Wednesday, April 1, 2009
For a brief moment I thought Sophie was going to have to miss preschool today.  It was snowing so heavily and was quite windy.  Seriously, it was like a blizzard at times.  And as luck would have it or Le hasard fait bien les choses, my hubby is getting smarter about data storage this week in Chicago.  So, once again I have the mundane task of removing snow from our driveway.   You might think, why do I even bother removing the show when I drive an all wheel drive and can just plow through the deep snow?   We learned from one of Vince's colleagues if you do not remove the snow and drive over it for a few days, the snow hardens, gets compacted, and at night freezes.  The end result of this cycle will remove the top layer of your concrete creating shallow craters.   If you want to replace your driveway, it will set you back $15K....Ouch!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin