Sunday, April 19, 2009

Focus Attention

Sunday, April 19, 2009
In February when I had my Bio-Scan at the Herbs for Health and Garden store, one of the things that would bring in all but 2 red dots into range was a product called "Focus Attention."  I wondered how this particular supplement could enhance my overall well-being and specifically my endocrine system?  With a leap of faith, I convinced myself to get a bottle, especially because it was the only thing in the report that outlined what I was lacking to improve my endocrine glands.

Once I brought it home it kind of sat in my cupboard for the longest time, as I considered how is this really going to help me?  Then I came across a very interesting article about ION, the Institute for Optimum Nutrition.   It's Europe's leading school for training and nutritional therapists.  

Patrick Holford who founded ION less than a decade ago, was a psychology student in London, (which I found quite fascinating as I have a personal interest in both psychology and health.)  Anyway, he became interested in how nutrition affects our minds and emotions.  They recently completed a study of 60,000 people, and found that "many common health symptoms" are related to mental health, including mood swings, PMS, poor memory and concentration, depression anxiety and insomnia." 
Patrick Holford refers to "Optimum Nutrition" as something that is more than the recommended daily allowances (RDA).   RDAs are not the optimal intakes of nutrients.  So eating a well- balanced diet isn't enough to achieve optimal health.  Incorporating "optimum nutrition" improves mood, memory, motivation and energy levels, which equates to a longer, healthier life.   

That's why I need "Focus Attention."  It contains Ginkgo Biloba, DMAE and Melissa officinalis, nutrients that help maintain brain-stimulation levels while supporting a more restful, balanced mental activity.  And this in turn will improve my endocrine system....how so unexpected.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin