Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More of The Same

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Yep, yesterday, it rained all day.  Today, it's been snowing all day....and of course, Vince is in Phoenix.  Sophie is on Spring Break this week.  Some Spring Break, huh?  I love that Belgian expression, "mopping with the faucet wide open." It's something I'm sure every mother can relate to when it comes to their child(ren).  

So, in between cleaning up messes and spills the past few days, here's one of our conversations between mother and daughter:

Sophie:  (thump, crash, screams, cries)

Me:  "What happened?  Did you fall again?  What's going on?  This is the 3rd time you've fallen in a week.  Are you okay?"

Sophie:  still crying..."I hurt my knees again!!"

Me:  "What are you doing wearing those black shoes?  You know I don't like for you to wear shoes in the house.  And why were you running?  You know I don't like for you to run in the house."

Sophie:  still crying...and wailing

Me:  "Where are your slippers?"

Sophie:  "Well, my slippers are slippery too.  That's why they're called slippers."

Me:  "How about if I make you some brownies."  (Note:  I only make brownies maybe once a year.)

Sophie:  Yeah!  I'll go draw until they're ready.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin