Monday, April 6, 2009

Favorite "Local" Places in Phoenix

Monday, April 6, 2009
A couple of weeks ago, Vincent's contract ended at ABC (for now). At the same time a new deal was sealed with XYZ in Arizona for the next 6 months. It isn't too bad, it's only for a few days a week.

Actually, one day I wouldn't mind returning to AZ to see a couple of my friends and Sophie's friends, visit one of my favorite health and nutrition store in N. Scottsdale, New Vision, and eat at a couple of our favorite restaurants like Zinc Bistro in Scottsdale and Trente-Cinq 35 in Phoenix.

Trente-Cinq is the only Belgian restaurant I'm aware of in the U.S. And of all places Chef Lionel wanted to have his restaurant by the time he turned 35 in Phoenix. We tried to convince him to move to Utah, but to no avail. He is truly an amazing and brilliant chef, preparing well-known Belgian cuisines that make your mouth water. We always enjoyed talking to him while he cooked our food. I never understood how he was able to juggle his visits with us and with the other patrons (more high-profile than us, like the Belgian Consulate) while preparing our food. I looked to see if he had a sous-chef or someone else helping out in the kitchen and there was no one. I guess that's a sign of great chef. To this day it still boggles my mind, especially because the food was always perfect in every way, in presentation, taste, portion size, leaving you completely sated and happy.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin