Monday, April 20, 2009

Wrinkly Nails

Monday, April 20, 2009
I know there are people that will view how I feel about outward appearance as being self-obsessed. However, that is totally not the case. It's NOT about the visual, but about health. Your hair, skin, nails, eyes, etc. are all great indicators how things are functioning and performing within your body.

For the vast majority, if you look great and vital on the outside (not from a "pretty" standpoint) then more than likely, you're healthy on the inside. However, there are some signs on the outside that are not tied to your physical state, but rather linked to your age. For example, I have noticed the past couple of years vertical ridges on my nails, specifically my thumbs. I don't ever remember having these ridges when I was younger and so I wanted to find out what it signified from a health standpoint.

Does anyone know?

These vertical ridges are actually a "sign of maturity." They occur starting at the cuticle to the tip of the nail and will start in one or two nails. As you get older, these ridges will eventually develop in all of your nails.

How about that..... just like your skin, your nails wrinkle too.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin