Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Thing or Two about Water

Sunday, April 12, 2009
Over a year ago I've become quite fascinated with water.  To most I'm sure, water is water, what's the big deal?  I've come to realize, it is in fact a big deal.  Rarely, will I drink bottled water.  And if I have to choose, I prefer tap water over bottled water, even with all the impurities.  If you're drinking tap water, at least you're ingesting some beneficial minerals, whereas with bottled water, it's been purified to the point not only the bad has been removed but also the good. Some bottled water brands have even been tested to be acidic.  In the past, I would have chosen the bottled water.  Today, I prefer drinking ionized water.

I have also given our two dogs ionized water.  It's the only variable I've changed where our dogs diets are concerned.  Chief, our Golden Retriever has actually lost about 10 lbs since drinking alkaline water.  

I can't say directly that it has attributed to the fact I've lost 10 lbs, but I'm sure it did play an integral part in the overall scheme of things.  I also believe, it has helped my hubby's blood pressure to be actually perfect.  For a fifty plus, nifty "old" guy, who doesn't exercise nor eat healthy all the time, I believe the water has made a favorable difference as it is the only factor that has changed.  

We got our blood pressure checked today and his bp was 116/78; it used to be slightly elevated and hovered around 127-130/90-88.  For me, my bp increased to 109/68 which is good as it was too low.  I find that alkaline water actually helps with maintaining homeostasis within your body.  Drinking water is really good for you as long as it's the right kind of water.

So, after almost a year of drinking ionized water, with it's high mineral content, I genuinely believe it has made a positive impact on our health.   

In the picture, our water ionizer in the basement.  We have it connected directly to our main tap water, which goes through an R/O system that strips everything from chlorine to fluoride to other toxic chemicals.  Unfortunately, it also removes the healthy minerals.  So, it is then remineralized to replace the minerals and finally goes into the ionizer which uses an electrical charge to split water into alkaline water, thus a higher pH that helps in combating the damaging effects of acids in the body.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin